Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Orphan freeform sweater

Okay, I have finally faced the fact that I have neglected finishing this sweater for more than a year. Now, I've taken photos to document the process and hoping this will nudge me into completion of this piece. I have completed the sleeves incorporating some hairpin lace into the lower portion of the sleeve, which I kind of like. The body is almost done and the yoke part is yet to be finished so I can put this together. It will have a somewhat asymmetrical look when done with more detailing (like it needs more stuff, right?) Oh well, as Mae West said 'too much of a good thing can be wonderful...' Let's hope she was right. When I complete this, I will post it so it can be seen.

2 comments:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

wow you're such a tease! I wish there were photos with your posts... even WIP's can be inspirational!

ChelleC said...

This orphan sweater is absolutely stunning. Your work just blows me away. You definitely need to finish this one.