Thursday, October 18, 2007

Freeform wearable vest


This wearable art piece photo has been in hibernation for a while but thought it might be fun to let it out to play. This was made for a private collector of wearable art, who looks absolutely fabulous in this piece by the way. The construction of this piece actually began as a scarf and morphed into this vest. I couldn't help myself - it said that a scarf was not big enough it wanted more. So it ended up here. If you have questions about how to do something like this, contact me and I'll try to guide you through the process. It was really fun and EASY to do. Try it, you'll like it.


Earlier this morning, my sock collection got documented on film. I have 15 finished pairs of socks just for myself. There are also four pairs hanging out on the needles which are in various stages of completion. Additionally, I looked through my sock yarn stash: Koigu, Lorna's Laces, Schaeffer, Cherry Tree Hill, Socks That Rock, Regia, etc, etc. It is staggering how much sock yarn I've accummulated. I need to get busy. Lots of socks for Christmas gifts this year!