Thursday, October 4, 2007

Finished new bag design

It is finally done and ready for fulling (felting.) Pre-felting, it is very large and looks like a family of five could fit inside. I did want it to make a statement. When it arrived at Designer Handknits for the felting process the size provoked shock and awe by all those who saw it. After the moment of truth (the trip through the washer) it had reduced in size somewhat but still required three large bathtowels to fill out the bag for drying. I haven't seen it yet but am going in on Saturday to pick it up. I was told that everyone that has seen wants the pattern which right now is a bunch of cryptic notes as I made this up as I went along. At this point, it is in its naked state. Once the Ozark stuff is added it should jazz it up quite a bit. I will post photos of the naked bag and the completed bag as soon as it is in my hot little hands. I have high hopes that this will be a winner! Keep your fingers crossed. Felting is always an adventure.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

I am so glad you have a blog now to show off your gorgeous work!