Wednesday, October 31, 2007

fiberart necklaces

Dreams of playing with yarns, beads, crochet, knitting and velvet millinery leaves started me on this path of experimentation.  The great thing about these pieces is that they can be worn as an ornamental neckpiece to add a stunning accent to any simple outfit and they cost a lot less than real jewelry.  In my mind they express a certain fanciful element that I find very charming.  There is an added bonus though, when not wearing them, they can be hung on the wall as a small wallhanging to add color and interest to that small area that just NEEDS something.  Tomorrow morning, I am off to meet with a magazine editor about an article on my work.  Wish me luck and I hope all goes well and I have what they would like to publish in their magazine.  I am bringing all kinds of things for them to chose from so we'll see how it goes.  Must admit, I'm a bit nervous as I always am when putting things out there for scrutiny. 

4 comments:

Yarnartist said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! So feminine and sweet, but sophisticated

ChelleC said...

Those are absolutely delightful! Now I can see how freeform designers are often drawn to do jewlery items. It makes sense.

ChelleC said...

Of course, another great benefit is that these could be wonderful and fast Christmas, Hannukah, BD gifts etc.

ChelleC said...

One more question - what do you use for your cord for the necklaces?