Monday, October 15, 2007

Danger Will Robinson!

The work area has finally reached critical mass! If I breathe on anything, there is an avalanche of yarn and works in progress - now that may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on a knitter's point of view, right. Being buried up to my eyeballs in knitterly goodies is wonderful and terrible at the same time. I am running out of places to stuff it all. I even turned the ironing board into an extra shelf in the closet. No problem, the bed can serve as an ironing surface in a pinch or, good heavens, maybe I'll never iron again. The rumpled look could become a trend, don't you think? Wistfully gazing at the closet, it does make a very nice shelf and holds quite a bit of yarn. So a small part of the space problem has been addressed. I will think about the rest tomorrow...

Here are some projects that were in hibernation for a bit and now that they are seeing the light of day again, I thought I would post them here. I also discovered that I have three pairs of socks on the needles; two of which are almost finished. What got me sidetracked was Colinette Jitterbug and I ended up making three pairs before I returned to the poor orphan socks in the work bag. I also discovered a freeform sweater that is pretty close to completion that has been sitting there for about a year. I must get it done as it looks like it will be pretty interesting (like I need another project.)

1 comment:

Larry said...

I am so not alone, especially with the socks that are started but not done. Misplaced perhaps or just not as interesting as the new pair that was begging to be started.

My closets are too full to allow for using the ironing board for a shelf, but it's certainly a good idea.