Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Saturday delights

On Saturday, I had breakfast with two of my favorite people, Michelle and JoShell at the lovely Peach Cafe in Monrovia. Afterwards, we ventured next door to Unraveled, a gorgeous knitting store, filled with wonderful delights. I was teaching a class on modular knitting including miters and other techniques. As it was a very small group, things were very informal and we had a great time. Throughout the day, it rained and the sound of the storm was so refreshing as it has been pretty hot and parched around Southern California this year. We were all energized and smiling as we watched and listened to the sounds of rain drops.

My two darling friends gave me a little belated birthday party with a tiny little carrot cake with candle and, be still my heart, a gift certificate for yarn! What true fiber maniac could ask for anything more! It was very sweet and touching that they had gone to so much trouble. All in all, it was such a happy day and something that brought the week to a wonderful conclusion.

Needless to say, I considered all possibilities and decided to get yarn to make another Sursa shawl, which I must say is one of my favorite patterns. It is quick, easy and beautiful. So, I could not wait to get home and start on it.

No comments: