Friday, September 28, 2007

Lured away to a yarn shop

Today started with really good intentions of finishing a project or two. However, I was hijacked by my husband and "forced" to go to a yarn shop and out to lunch at a favorite thai restaurant. What could I do? I cooperated of course and when I arrived at the shop found they were having a SALE! Who can resist? I located some great felting yarns for a new purse design as well as some great Noro silk garden colors. A girl can't have enough silk garden yarn. I bought a set of purse handles for one of the bags they had felted for me. I can't wait to do the needle felting on it and the embellishment of the other bag.

Off and on today it has been sprinkling and the weather has cooled a bit so maybe Fall is on its way, I hope. I am really ready to snuggle up and knit my way through the winter. One project I am beginning to accumulate yarn is the Lizard Ridge blanket offered on Knitty.com as it has intrigued me for a while. It is done using short rows and I love the design.

I also picked up a booklet of Nora Gaughan patterns as they look very interesting in terms of design as well as learning some new techniques.

No comments: