Sunday, September 30, 2007

Changed plans

All my lovely Saturday plans changed late Friday evening as I seemed to be hit by some kind of bug which laid me low for the night and all day Saturday. I was good for nothing but laying in bed and cuddling the cat. Today is a bit better though and I am up and about toying with the idea of making my husband a chocolate cake (his favorite.) This is a safe choice for me as it is not one of my favorites and he will be free to indulge himself entirely.

This afternoon, I plan to get back to the knitting of the Sursa shawl which I foolishly ripped out thinking I had made a mistake on the decreases but had not. It must have been a senior moment. Oh well, I guess I thought I needed the extra practice. This is a shawl I love wrapping myself in a chilly morning and as Fall seems near I want to have a new one.

While in bed, I had some pretty vivid dreams (technicolor) in which I ended up in a place with a very creative biker gang making art pieces and clothing out of brilliantly colored glass. Of course, I was intrigued by the whole process and was invited to try it. This stuff was amazing, so incredibly beautiful and fluid as it was worn. There is something to think about! Unfortunately, I woke up before I learned the secret process used. Darn! This morning, I was telling my husband about it and he thought I was delerious and still sick. All in all it is an interesting concept. I wonder if it could be done. H-m-m-m.

I did, however, come up with an idea for a great fulled (felted) bag in my sleep which should be very interesting. I plan to use Ozark Handspun and pieces of dyed fleece to decorate it and it should be pretty interesting. I have been designing for Ozark Handspun for a while and just love experimenting with this fabulous yarn and their fleece products. Additionally, David Gentsch and his wife Terri are a lot of fun so this is really a labor of love.

I've posted a photo of a fleece shawl I have made with one of their dyed fleeces. Hope you like it.

No comments: